Staring at the computer for hours on end can cause extremely sore eyes, but having to deal with screen glare can make it even more painful. Here are some steps to help you get rid of that annoying and ruthless glare.
- Check to see what your computer setup is. You want to make sure that your monitor isn't facing a window or that you are facing a window, as this can cause eyestrain from too much light contrast. The ideal screen-to-window angle is 90 degrees.
- Try to reduce the amount of bright sunlight in your workspace. Use shades or blinds to help block the sunlight.
- The worst place to have bright light is directly about your screen (which is the case in most offices). If you can, try turning off the lights above you and opt for a small desk lamp.
- If you can't avoid overhead light, you can make an anti-glare hood for your computer with some sheets of black cardboard to frame your monitor. (This may be tacky but it actually works)!
- There are also anti-glare screen protectors you can purchase to place over your monitor. Usually the best ones are polarized.
- Sometimes just adjusting the brightness and contrast on your monitor is enough to make the display more comfortable to view.
For more suggestions, just read more