Do you know what day it is? Mar. 14 is National Pi Day — not only does 3/14 correspond to the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter (3.1415926535. . .), but it gives us geeks another excuse to party! Are you in?
I've got a few ways that you can commemorate the date by throwing your own Pi Day party at home. Find out more after the break.
- Mix a few cocktails: I've got a kickin' Pi-Tini recipe hidden away in my memory banks that you'll love.
- Bake a real pie: As in a real awesome p-i-e. YumSugar's got you covered on the recipe.
- Dress the part: Tie on this pi tie for a more formal affair, while these pi earrings will do the trick for the ladies.
- Gather up some Pi Day paraphernalia: If it's gonna be a party, get some people in the mood with these cookie cutters and hand made pi buttons from Etsy. While you're mingling, toss around some brain-challenging math books to entertain your guests.
- Pi Day decorations: If you're crafty, you can make your own Pi Day piñata! And really, why wouldn't you?
- Background noise: Naturally, you have to have the movie Pi playing in the background while you party!