Does anyone else dread having a card passed around at work for a colleague's birthday, congratulations, or his or her last day? Even if it's someone you genuinely like, having to sum up your sincere thoughts in a one-inch space of cardstock among your other coworkers' sentiments is just awkward. It's like the grown-up version of that yearbook peach "Have a great Summer!"Thankfully, the website GroupCard eases the pain a little bit. There's no physical passing around, first of all — it's an electronic pass-around that's accomplished by just emailing the card to the people who need to sign it. You then send the e-card (who cherishes greeting cards from co-workers these days anyway?) to the recipient, and wish her well.
Of course, it can't help you craft an articulate note summing up the perfect sentiment. You're on your own for that one.
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and "Regular Post."
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click "Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to "Website of the Day" in the dropdown menu.
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to "Technology and Gadgets."
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click "I’m done" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!