Remember when I asked if you would switch from Google to Microsoft for your searching needs if you were paid? About three-quarters of you swatted away the idea like it was last year's Blackberry, but after using it myself, I urge you to reconsider. Not for keepers mind you, but handy if you want to save yourself some cash.
Microsoft has partnered up with Ebay to bring you Live — the search engine that fetches you some pretty sweet deals, among thousands of search results. Just enter your search at the top of the page, and Live will tell you how much you can save if you buy from participating Ebay stores. I just bought my boyfriend's Christmas gift and will be getting back 30 percent from my buddy Microsoft. I can't tell you what the gift is (never know when he's reading), but I can tell you it's something of the gadget persuasion. Who woulda thought, right?
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!