Do you ever find yourself surfing the net and then look up at the clock and wonder where all the time has gone? The Firefox extension MeeTimer allows you to keep track of the sites you've visited and for how long. It's actually very useful because you can group websites into activities (procrastination sites vs communication sites) so you will know exactly how your time is being divvied up. Seeing is believing right? The MeeTimer will also provide you with the total amount of time you've been on the web as well as the percentage of certain online activities per work week. Do you know a great shortcut or tip you think geeksugar readers should know? Share it in our 'How To' Help - Guide To All Things Geeky group, read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the 'How To' Help - Guide To All Things Geeky
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Geek tip")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you think this person is geeky, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the 'How To' Help - Guide To All Things Geeky and start sharing your favorite tips! Your tricks just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!