The thought of ever losing my old photos or entire photo albums seriously freaks me out. Although most of my newer pics are digital and saved online, most of my old photos from my 35mm film camera are in various places—putting them at risk if anything was to happen. Well a new company called ScanDigital will take all your photos, albums, negatives and slides and scan them for you so they are all in one safe place. Here’s how it works: Users sign up online, send in their prints with the UPS label provided by ScanDigital. ScanDigital will then create an online gallery and send a CD to you with the digitized and restored images within a few days. How cool is that?!
Do you know a great shortcut or tip you think geeksugar readers should know? Share it in our 'How To' Help - Guide To All Things Geeky group, read more
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the 'How To' Help - Guide To All Things Geeky
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Geek tip")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you think this person is geeky, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the 'How To' Help - Guide To All Things Geeky and start sharing your favorite tips! Your tricks just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!