I find myself constantly cutting and pasting web addresses for work and for play - hey, we all need to share fun links with friends! Here is a helpful hint so that you can quickly import URL's to office files and other locations.
- Open the office file that needs the web address
- Click and hold the page icon which is located to the left of the page's URL on the address bar (I have circled it in pink above)
- Then drag the page icon to the program where you need the address
- If your destination window happens to be covered, then first drag the Page Icon down to the task bar and pause over the program you're trying to reach. After a short pause, the windows should switch so you can continue the drag into the new location
- Lastly, release the mouse in the desired location and your web address should be right where you want it - without having to cut and paste!