This is brilliant! For all of those times you get stuck in a painfully boring situation, a bad date, or end up at a really annoying dinner party, you can use a cool new site called Escape My Date to help you get out of a sticky (or lame) situation. Discovered on makeuseof, Escape My Date is great because it uses Twitter to reach out to one of your friends and rescue you from your bad date.
All you have to do is sign up with your Twitter info, create a profile, and select the friends that you would want to phone you during a situation you want to escape from. Say you find yourself on a bad date, you just direct message @EscapeMyDate and they will send the message to your chosen friends. If your friends don't call you within five minutes, Escape My Date will make an automated call to you — so no matter what, you'll have an out!
And if you know beforehand that the date may be on the boring side, you can always schedule a call to yourself using Wakerupper!
Have an interesting website you want to share? To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click "New Post" under the website of the day tab at the top of the page.
- Give your story a "Title."
- Fill in the "Body" with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Type "Technology and Gadgets" in the Categories box
- Add keyword(s) in the tag field with relevant tags (for example mine for this story was "Website of the Day").
- Choose whether you want the post to be private or public.
- Click "Create Post" to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the GeekSugar homepage!