I'm already quite pleased with myself for how I'm using online resources to make my holidays more organized. I've got my shopping lists laid out on Google Docs, all my party dates and assignments in Deadline, but who would have thought there was also a website for Secret Santa?
Elfster makes the classic holiday party/office game and makes it easy — first, as the organizer you set up the exchange, inputting money limits, sign-up and exchange dates, and then Elfster allows you to send invites to people individually, or they can also create a link that willing participants can click on to join.
Once they accept and all guests are accounted for, Elfster "draws" names and then emails your guests letting them know who they are buying for.
Keeping Santa a secret!
To learn how to post your favorite websites to our Website of the Day group, read more.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Website of the Day group.
- Click the pink "Share" menu on the top left side of the page.
- Choose "Blog" and “Regular Post.”
- Give your story a “Title.”
- Fill in the “Body” with a link to your favorite website and the reasons why you love it.
- Click “Next."
- Choose the audience for your story to “Website of the Day” in the drop-down menu
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Website of the Day").
- Change channel to “Technology and Gadgets.”
- Fill in tag field with relevant tags.
- Click “I’m done” to submit content.
So join the Website of the Day group and share information about all your favorite sites! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!