One of my college roommates spent many an hour playing Nintendo Duck Hunt and avoiding her school work (I was worried at first but she had this unnatural ability to ace classes despite her addiction and ended up becoming a brilliant Archaeologist). Needless to say, I was taken on a nostalgic trip down memory lane when I learned Craftster member Quacker Jacks has created a lovely and amazing piece of geek art inspired by the game. Apparently, Quacker Jacks decided to combine her childhood obsession with Duck Hunt with her new obsession of knitting and after about a month of on and off knitting, this gem was born.
If you love this as much as my friend Marissa does, I suggest you follow the pattern and make your own. What do you think, would you wear it?
To check out additional images of the sweater, read more
Have you been to a geeky museum exhibit recently or run across funny gadgets while traveling? Share your photos, news, geeky crafts, reviews and tips with geeksugar and I'll feature my favorites on the homepage.
I know that this long list looks scary, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it'll be a snap the second time around.
- First of all, join the Geeky Things I Love
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this post was "laptop, Geeky Things I love")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture telling me why you love the download, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Geeky Things I Love and start sharing your finds. They might end up on the geeksugar homepage!