How long does your smartphone last? A half day, maybe? Mobile battery technology is improving slowly but surely, and Motorola 's Maxx line continues to set the bar with its latest Verizon exclusive, the 3500 mAH-powered Droid Maxx . The 4G LTE-capable Android phone supposedly provides up to 48 hours of usage or 25 days of standby time.
Motorola hasn't released all the specs for the five-inch Droid Maxx yet, but this is what we know so far:
- Display — 5 inch
- Processor — 1.7Ghz Dual-Core
- Rear Camera — 10MP RGBC camera with quick capture
- Video — 1080p HD Video capture, up to 60FPS; front facing: 2MP Full HD Recording
- Memory — 32GB internal memory; 2GB RAM
- Dimensions — 5.41 x 2.80 x 0.28 inches, 5 oz.
The Maxx will cost $700 for month to month and $300 with a two-year contract, and preorders  will ship by Aug. 20.
At today's event in New York City, Verizon made two more announcements : the Droid Mini  ($500 month to month, $100 with two-year contract), a 4.3-inch, wireless-charging-enabled device, and the superslim, 7.18mm Droid Ultra  ($600 month to month, $200 with two-year contract, ships Aug. 29).