Don't settle for dinner and a movie this Valentine's Day! As photographers, you're both stimulated by the visual elements around you — why not incorporate your favorite pastime (or profession) into your next date? Check out these ideas for a very photo-friendly evening out.
- Create a photo scavenger hunt. Each of you write down a random clue, rhyme, or abstract fact about three locations, then exchange clues and have the other person take photos based on the clues received.
- Honor your shared love of photography by baking some camera cookies.
- Do a bar crawl to hit up the city's best photo booths. Take a set of pics and have a different cocktail at each.
- Make funny gifs of your favorite memories together.
- Grab your cameras and spend the day snapping photos of your hood.
- Say cheese and challenge yourself by posing for self-portraits together using every filter in Instagram or every film style in Hipstamatic in different locations.
- Act like a visitor and snap pics at every tourist attraction in your city.
- Stay up late to capture light trails on a city street or highway.
- Spend some time after dinner perfecting your bokeh skills around town.
- Give each other a list of images to capture throughout the day and compare your shots over drinks.
Source: Flickr user BlueGoaॐ☮