Icing out your cell phone with personalized charms and gems has long been an artistic and fashionable outlet in Europe and Asia, but has only recently begun to sneak into American culture. Right now my charm affections lie with
Suzanne started the company after a trip to Hong Kong, where she discovered how trendy technology could be. She returned home, started experimenting with making her own charms and quickly teamed up with her daughters to create C'Elegance.
The result are chic, shiny and beautiful charm sets that combine a signature logo charm, Swarovski Crystal and Semi Precious Stones, and personalized charms. All charms are connected to silk cord via a tiny clip, so they can be easily taken off, rotated or worn together.
The line has been featured in Elle Magazine, appeared on Access Hollywood and was even part of the 2005 MTV Video Music Awards.
Prices range from $19 to $250 for jewelry pieces and $2.50 to $12 for charms. Available online at C'Elegance. For a full gallery of charms, read more
Do you have cool photos of your cell phone bling? Share them with us! You can add your photos to the group by following these instructions:
- First of all, join the Cell Phone Bling Group
- Click "Create and Share!" on the left hand side
- Choose "Blog"
- Give your photo a Title
- Leave the category as "general"
- Change the channel to "technology and gadgets"
- Add keyword(s) (for example mine for this photo was "Cell Phone Bling")
- Click on the "Add Image" link below the "body" box
- A popup window will happen - click on "Browse" to find your image on your computer
- Once you have the image chosen, click "Submit"
- The popup will show you your image, choose size: "normal" - if you want, you can give it a title (which will show up as a caption)
- Click "Insert" and the popup will go away
- Your "body" box will now have some text in it. Leave it as is. If you want to add some text before the picture, do it before the code that has appeared.
- Click Submit
So join the Cell Phone Bling Group and start posting your great photos! Yours just might end up on the geeksugar homepage!