It was the tweet seen 'round the world: Representative Anthony Weiner finally admitted to sending a photo of his crotch over Twitter yesterday, but says he really meant to send it as a direct message to one of the many women he's been flirting with online. I'm sure you know that sending pics of your private parts to anyone is risky business (especially when you're in the public eye), so if you must tweet sensitive photos, make sure you know what you're doing. Here's how to send a proper Twitter direct message:
- Log into your Twitter account
- Click the "Messages" button on the top menu bar
- This page shows all of your direct message history. You can either reply to a conversation that has already been started, or click "New Message"
- Enter your message (still limited to 140 characters) and click "send"
- Note: you'll only be able to send messages to people that follow you