- The epic loneliness of Legend of Zelda's Link — Buzzfeed
- Video game fashions that should have caught on — Cracked
- How to future-proof your holiday shopping list — ReadWrite
- Robocop: R2-D2's evil twin — Newser
- The longest messages sent into space — Mental Floss
- What drones? Get packages delivered by owl instead — Geekosystem
Department stores won't be the only things draped in glitter and gold this month. December is all about dressing to the nines for back-to-back holiday soirées, so we're making sure that you've got glitzy tech accessories to match. From phone cases that glitter to headphones that shimmer, this month's must haves are where gadgets meet glam.
While you're taking care of that holiday shopping list, don't forget to treat yourself to our picks for the most delectable tech accessories of the year.
For fist-on-table, need-it-now deliveries, Amazon is cooking up a new service straight out of science fiction. If the company gets a thumbs up from the Federal Aviation Administration,
Yes, drones — as in remote-controlled, unmanned airborne vehicles — flying products from the Amazon warehouse straight to your doorstep in about a half hour. It's like receiving a sponsored package as a tribute in The Hunger Games arena but in real life.
Because of FAA rules and regulations, the Amazon program is still a few years away from commercial implementation. This type of delivery system has raised many concerns. What's to stop someone from shooting down a drone and reaping someone else's Amazon deliveries for themselves? What about risk of collision with aircraft, power lines, or even wildlife?
But there are many benefits as well — the obvious one being not having to wait very long for packages. Airborne delivery will also be helpful for relief, in areas with damaged roads and infrastructure.
We want to know what you think: is Amazon Prime Air the future of delivery . . . or is it bound to fail? If it were implemented, would you opt to use delivery by drone?
For a better idea of how Amazon Prime Air works, watch a drone's test flight below.
America's media empress Oprah Winfrey has released her annual gift guide, Oprah's Favorite Things, and we weren't shocked that some choice gadgets made the list. Oprah's favorite electronics are pretty standard (Kindle), but there are some high-tech surprises (Galaxy Gear) on her wishlist. Take a look at Ms. Winfrey's favorite things, and let us know which ones you're coveting for the holidays.
- Mophie Juice Pack Helium ($80) — This case has a built-in 15800 mAh battery that gives your phone an extra 80 percent power. It's available in black, white, purple, green, pink, red, and blue.
- Galaxy Gear ($300) — Samsung unveiled its wearable tech earlier this year. The smartwatch can pair with the Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 10.1, and Galaxy S4 and notify its wearers of incoming calls, texts, and emails. You can also make calls from the watch itself, using the built-in microphone.
- Beats Studio Headphones ($300) — The redesigned Beats Studio Headphones come in a new matte black, as well as white, red, and yellow. The audio gear has a 20-hour rechargeable battery and features adaptive noise cancelling, as well as an in-line microphone.
- Qooq Kitchen Tablet ($399) — With tons of recipes, videos, and meal-scheduling apps built-in, this tablet is a techie chef's dream. Most importably, Qooq is spill-, splash-, and smudge-proof.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ($300 with two-year contract) — Samsung's newest phone-tablet hybrid has a new leather-like back and a more responsive stylus. Its screen has also been increased from 5.5 inches to a 5.7-inch super AMOLED 1080p display.
- Kindle Paperwhite ($119) — Amazon's next-generation ereader has higher resolution and better contrast than the previous version. Its processor has also been upgraded, but its most significant improvements can be seen in the software, which now has vocabulary building tools and Goodreads integration.
A bird's-eye view of the speeding rush-hour lights on the Bay Bridge in the San Francisco Bay was shot by Instagram user independentchb, who submitted the photo with the #coolcapture hashtag.
Have you been testing out your photography skills and snapped a shot you want to share? Submit your pics to our Cool Capture group or to Instagram with the #coolcapture hashtag, and your pic might be featured on the POPSUGAR Tech homepage! And don't forget to follow popsugartech on Instagram!
- Gorgeous holiday collections to add to your wish list — Beauty
- Watch all the trailers for December movies now — Entertainment
- Christmas presents for a crafty fashion fan — Fashion UK
- The best Christmas songs for lovers — Love & Sex
- Paul Walker's most memorable Hollywood moments — Celebrity & News
- Ornaments to geek out your tree — Tech
- The best DIYs to stash in your purse — Smart Living
- Tips to ensure you get the best Cyber Monday deals — Fashion
- The chicest pet gifts on the market — Pets
- Staying alive: a tree trimmer's survival guide — Home
- Why you should be drinking green tea this Winter — Fitness
- Forget the batteries: the best tech-free toys for kids — Moms
- Would you eat gingerbread-flavored Peeps? — Food
We're all searching for the best presents for our loved ones this holiday, and the POPSUGAR Must Have box is the perfect gift for any special lady on your list. With these amazing deals, you can check everyone off your list.
Give one box or a whole year of POPSUGAR Must Have — we've got you covered at any price. With the gift of fashion, beauty, home, food, and fitness every month, what's not to love? Use the codes below, and start gifting!
Valid through 11:59 p.m. PST Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, or while supplies last. Code may not be applied to previous Must Have box purchases. Code may not be used with any other promotional codes, discounts, coupons, or offers and must be redeemed by the date published herein.
We've all got one in our lives: the Lego fan who's unabashed about her love for the classic toy. While she may have every building block collection under the sun, she may not have a Lego camera or Lego headphones — and that's where you step in. This holiday season, give her a special gift you know she'll never want to return. Ready, set . . . click away!
Looking to add to your sci-fi snowflake collection? Get inspired by the upcoming Doctor Who Christmas episode, and bring some snowy Time Lord wonderment to your home.We can't get enough of the TARDIS and Weeping Angels snowflake from the Tumblr My Obsession of the Moment. Though it looks complicated, the "before" folded version gives enough of a basic outline that we'll be practicing our angels all weekend. Once they're hung throughout the house, follow one rule: Don't blink!
What do Thor's mighty hammer, the direwolves of House Stark, and a deliciously addictive mobile game have in common? Each piece of pop culture mania makes for a delicious treat!
Whether you crush candy sequences like a pro or think you can battle through Asgard like a superhero, take a sugary bite of some of our favorite geek delights.
Thor: The Dark World
Salty, sweet, and just plain fun, these hammers take chocolate-dipped pretzels to the next level. For your favorite comic book geeks, make minihammers in honor of his trusty weapon, Mjölnir.
Breaking Bad Rock Candy
The show's over, but the Breaking Bad viewing marathons can still continue. On your next TV binge, serve this completely legal concoction.
Game of Thrones Cake Pops
Winter will be forever on its way, so bide your time crafting direwolf cake pops. Other frosted cake on sticks you've had know nothing about these adorably vicious treats.
Candy Crush Cookie
What's sweeter than making it past level 85? Making (and eating!) Candy Crush-inspired sugar cookies. Oh yes, that is the lucky sprinkle bomb.