Let's face it. We are living in a digital world, and the people on your holiday gift list are digital girls (and boys). That means they're only wishing for one thing: gadgets to further their lives of techie luxury, of course! Enter the Seagate fleet of storage devices (and the gift of peace of mind!). Check out the GoFlex Satellite, GoFlex Home, GoFlex Slim, and GoFlex for Mac in the slideshow!
Know someone who's constantly humming a tune, has a mic in their hands, or can sing along to every song on the radio? Turn it up to 11 with these gifts that will keep your music addict happy all year long.
Have you been testing out your photography skills and have a snapshot you want to share? Submit your pics to our Cool Capture group, and your image may be featured on GeekSugar! Or submit your pics on Instagram for our Cool Capture Challenge. Right now, we're looking for holiday decorations. Deck the halls!
There’s nothing like the warm, fuzzy feeling you get when passing out gifts to the ones you love. Except maybe the incredible, thrilling rush that comes from scoring those gifts during the most invigorating shopping season of all!
This year, our friends at T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods are giving you more reasons than ever to celebrate your holiday shopping victories — by creating a series of fun and inspiring gifting “missions” that you can tackle weekly for a new chance to win!
Readers as well as our favorite lifestyle bloggers will be invited to participate in five missions across T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods stores, then simply share their experience via Twitter using the hashtag #TheGifter. Each week, one winner will be chosen to receive a $500 gift card! You can also visit #TheGifter holiday gifting hub to explore an ever-evolving gallery of amazing gifts at amazing values — check back often for fresh inspiration and fun ideas.
Make this holiday shopping season your most triumphant yet! The missions are already under way, so start making your gifting list, and click here for more details.
Many have often lamented about the confusing and unfocused look of the YouTube homepage, but now users will be greeted with a brand new homepage that focuses more on what you like, and less on what you don't. The entire page has gotten a sleek makeover, much in the way of Google+, which makes videos easier to find.
The left-hand side of the homepage will now be your hub for your subscriptions, connections, and where you'll find the trending and popular videos of the day, along with the various categories to browse through (like music, entertainment, etc.). The center of the page will feature your subscription feeds and recommended videos.
Channels have also gotten an upgrade, allowing YouTubers to customize what is featured on their channel pages with templates, showing off playlists, featured videos, latest videos, and more. Plus, you can now see a channel's feeds, which includes anything the creator has uploaded, liked, favorited, or commented on, and perform keyword searches on specific channels.
Get a better look at what the new homepage holds in the demo video from Google after the jump.
- Casa's craving creative wall art and clever holiday ornaments
- Buzz is amped for Young Adult and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
- Savvy's keeping a close eye on spending and budgeting for 2012
- Bella's in love with diamond nails and nude palettes
- Tres is reading The Magic Room and Love and Leftovers
- Lil's loving pirate checkers and travel-sized games
- Fab's fawning over crystal necklaces and Brian Atwood booties
- Geek's giddy for Instagram prints and pocket projectors
- Fit's getting in shape with skiing gear and stand-up paddleboards
- Yum's enjoying cozy coffee mugs and delicious pecan brittle
Between a public transit commute and the need to concentrate on streaming music while seated in the office, the one thing we hate to forget every day is a trusty pair of headphones. While audiophiles require something to keep the delicate balance between instruments and vocals clear, a casual listener may just need an earbud with style. Here are our seven picks for headphones for every ear on your list.
What you can do about it
There are apps that allow you to check if Carrier IQ is running on your Android phone, and while there are ways to remove it, you may have root your device. Check out this YouTube video that clearly explains which phones have been found to have Carrier IQ installed, and get informed.
Who isn't using Carrier IQ
- This 33-foot-tall Lego tree is currently installed at London's St. Pancras station — LikeCool
- Pow! Did you know these words are onomatopoeias? — Cracked
- Scientists use 3D printers to create new bones — Tecca
- Send digital singing telegrams through Western Union — Newser
- Lenovo confirms they'll have a Windows phone in 2012 — SlashGear
- Google Chrome is now the second most used browser globally — Dvice