Everyone loves it when an underdog takes the lead — especially when it comes to love. In movies, especially, there's something about the nerdy guy getting the girl. From Revenge of the Nerds's Lewis to Superbad's Seth, these 11 favorite big-screen geeks win over the girl of their dreams.
"Welcome to Hollywood! Always time to dream, so keep on dreamin'." This image of the Hollywood sign was submitted to Instagram with our Cool Capture tag by jennbailey0706. (Bonus points if you can figure out what movie that quote was from.)
Have you been testing out your photography skills and have a snapshot you want to share? Submit your pics to our Cool Capture group or to Instagram by tagging them with #CoolCapture. Your pics might be featured on the GeekSugar homepage!
Mobile World Congress is underway in Barcelona, and some of the latest smartphones announced there will be hitting the states in the coming year. HTC announced three new devices yesterday, all of which have the media addict in mind. The One series — consisting of the One S, One V, and One X — are sleek, slim, and packed with the latest Android 4.0 software and HTC Sense. Introduce yourself to each of the new devices (and some additional images) in the slideshow.
Red-carpet beauty coverage:
- Bella's bringing you the 61 prettiest makeup looks and hottest hairstyles
- Top Oscars trend: flirty, flippy eyeliner
- The simple secret behind Zoe Saldana's sexy, effortless waves
- Try Emma Stone's lovely looped Oscars bun
- Get Jennifer Lopez's sophisticated French tips
Red-carpet fashion coverage:
- Vote for best dressed and play Fab's Oscars dress bracket!
- Name game: find out who wore what designer
- Michelle Williams, Emma Stone, and Natalie Portman heat up in shades of red
- Textured black gowns dazzle on the red carpet
- Find out what the stars wore to the annual Vanity Fair Oscars party
- Recap the sexiest looks from the Oscars
- Get the style breakdown from Elton John's viewing party
- Bling, bling! See the best bags, baubles, and heels
- Casa translates Rooney Mara's Oscar look to your home
Highlights from arrivals and the show:
- See all the Oscars red carpet, show, and party pictures in one place!
- Stars share their Oscar night fun on Twitter
- Video: watch our 2012 Oscars wrap-up show!
- Champagne-loving Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder party with Elton John
- Video: Angelina and George lose Brad and Stacy during Oscar date night
- Cameron, Kate, Katie and Posh — all the fun pics from inside Vanity Fair
- Top 20 Oscars red carpet moments
- Behind the scenes, Oscars style: see PopSugar's Instagram photo diary
- Find out which stars mingled inside at the Oscars!
- Video: J Lo on her posterior pose with Cameron Diaz — "We were just being playful"
- Take a closer look at the cutest Oscar couples and Meryl Streep's date
Winner photos, press room excitement, and much more!
- Did you hear that? The best quotes from the 2012 Oscars
- Do you agree with the 2012 Oscar winners?
- Dynamic duos: see the best presenters at the Oscars
- The cutest Oscar press room pics you have to see
- Benedict Cumberbatch showed his love for Union Jack at Vanity Fair's party
- Find out how the Oscar red-carpet standouts stay fit
- Aww — Uggie's all about Oscar
Benedict Cumberbatch may play a tech-obsessed, BlackBerry-toting Sherlock Holmes on the hit BBC show Sherlock, but in real life he rocks a Union Jack heart sticker on his iPhone. The Star Trek hottie showed off his love for Britain during a Vanity Fair Oscar party red-carpet interview last night, and while I wouldn't recommend plastering a sticker on your glass-backed iPhone 4 or 4S (or any phone for that matter), I do advocate the use of a cool case. Want to band together with Benedict? Here, six British flag cases fans of Cumberbatch can get behind.
Like a little bling on your tech? Apparently, so does Lil Wayne. He was spotted courtside at the 2012 NBA All-Star Game last night wearing these diamond-studded Beats by Dr. Dre headphones. Celebrity style with celebrity-style prices, I bet.
What do you think about the headphones — love 'em or is it just too much?
- Find out why researchers are building 3D-printed robot dinosaur skeletons — Geekosystem
- A new report says women are more likely to unfriend — Newser
- How "Sharktopus" changed modern cinema — Cracked
- Samsung Galaxy S III specs leaked — Geek.com
- Why is The Lorax selling SUVs? — SlashFilm
- Lego model of the ISS created while on the ISS — Dvice
- Mass Effect 3 gets a TV trailer — GeekTyrant
HBO released another full-length trailer for Game of Thrones season two, which kicks off on April 1. HBO has been keeping the excitement high by steadily releasing production diaries during filming, and it looks like the cast and crew's hard work will be paying off in a big way — George R. R. Martin's book absolutely comes to life with this heart-pounding trailer. Take a look for yourself below!
We found out recently that cell phone radiation could lower sperm count. Yikes! This is bad news for couples trying to expand their brood, but it also brings up a good point. Keeping your cell phone in your front pocket is probably just as bad for your package as holding a cell to your face all day is for the brain.
How do you keep your man's (or your) sperm in good health for future procreation? I suggest a man bag to store tech. Not only is it perfect for holding a cell, but you can also toss in a Kindle or iPad, notepad or sketchpad, and — of course — a retro cell phone attachment.