What do yoga bears and pink chewing gum have to do with your phone? Plenty, if you're talking phone stands to hold them up. Functional and fun, these picks will let you watch your favorite videos and browse the Internet the easy way. Some are downright adorable, others just plain silly — either way, take your pick from this awesome batch.
- Phil Coulson is BACK (!) in Joss Whedon's new show on ABC — Geekosystem
- Is this the worst Batman comic of all time? . . . Or the best? — Cracked
- Great sci-fi films that got the future all wrong — ReadWrite
- A mind-blowing LEGO remake of Casino Royale — FWD
- ISS commander Chris Hadfield's amazing David Bowie cover — Newser
- Beautiful photos of everyday electronics disassembled — HuffPost Tech
- Sandra Bullock and George Clooney get stuck in space — /Film
- The McDonald's of the future is here — Geek
In an extremely candid interview with Charlie Rose on 60 Minutes this week, Microsoft founder and chairman Bill Gates got teary-eyed as he spoke about his one-time rival, Apple founder Steve Jobs. The two tech icons, whose birthdays are only six months apart, "grew up together," said Gates, having accomplished "every fantasy we had about creating products" during their respective tenures.
In this 60 Minutes Overtime clip, editor Ann Silvio talks with Charlie Rose about Bill Gates' emotional recollection of his last visit with Steve Jobs.
In the revealing interview, Bill spoke very openly about what he admired most about Steve. "I wish I had his sense of design . . . design can lead you in a good direction and phenomenal [Apple] products came out of it," Bill confessed.
But the most touching moment of the 60 Minutes feature actually came from Steve. At a 2007 All Things D panel with both tech executives, Steve explained his relationship with the Microsoft chairman this way: "I think of most things in life as a Bob Dylan or Beatles song and there's one line in a Beatle song that sticks out . . . 'You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead' — and that's clearly true here."
Although their companies competed against each other for technology, talent, and market share, there's no denying that Bill Gates and Steve Jobs highly respected each other and had an extremely unique camaraderie. Very few men knew the Apple founder so well, and it's evident that Steve's presence in the industry is missed, a sentiment current Apple CEO Tim Cook echoed earlier this year.
These days, thanks to the wonders of tech, "3D glasses" means something totally different: edgy sunglasses made on 3D printing machines. Now hitting the mainstream market, these unique designs can be worn day in and day out. And the thing is, they're actually really stylish. Some you can shop right this moment — others you have to call to inquire about. Nonetheless, you'll want to check out these beauties stat. Let the three-dimensional inspiration flow!
Is it odd to be "over the moon" while looking at a sunset? Filter or no filter, this scene is vivid, vibrant, and vivacious! Instagram user casjumbo really hit a home run with this picture, which was submitted using the #coolcapture hashtag.
Have you been testing out your photography skills and snapped a shot you want to share? Submit your pics to our Cool Capture group or to Instagram with the #coolcapture hashtag, and your pic might be featured on the POPSUGAR Tech homepage. And don't forget to follow @popsugartech on Instagram!
If you haven't given in to the Great Gatsby craze yet, these tech finds might win you over. Feast your eyes on gilded art deco cases and stunning headphones and just try not to picture yourself decked out in Gatsby glory. Shop on, and you'll be plenty prepared for all the movie watching festivities.
- Bring in the wedding food on four wheels — Food
- How your favorite stars celebrated Mother's Day — Celebrity
- The athletes you should follow on Instagram, now! — Fitness
- Diane Kruger raises the bar this week — Fashion
- Tour the Kips Bay Decorator Show House — Home
- The best songs from The Great Gatsby soundtrack — Entertainment
- Try this DIY Gatsby-inspired nail design — Beauty
- Nab a cute and colorful camera strap for Spring — Tech
- Document baby's first year with nine sweet tips — Moms
- Credit card perks you keep forgetting — Smart Living
- What are the most surprising facts about birth control? — Sex & Culture
- Video: the unofficial Great Gatsby cocktail — Food
It's time for the 2013 POPSUGAR 100 bracket! Over the next few weeks we need your votes to make our sixth annual POPSUGAR 100 list. We're taking your picks with an interactive bracket. This year, we're mixing things up by narrowing down the list in four categories: The Fresh Faces, The Phenoms, The Game Changers, and The Classics. From there, take your top four and bring it down to one big winner.
Start by clicking here to play, and go through the matchups by picking your favorite celebrity each time, narrowing down the group. Share your winner, and watch to see who walks away with the 2013 POPSUGAR 100 crown! Plus, when you finish choosing your winner, you have the opportunity to enter to win a fabulous Victoria Beckham handbag!
Location, location location! Where you choose to tie the knot says a lot about you and your future mate, and a fun, geek-inspired celebration can set an unforgettable tone. Museums, places of scientific discovery, and the best theme parks in the world are a few quirky spots to consider hosting your wedding. Take a look at these awesome spots we think would be perfect for a geeked-out wedding.