Planning a unique wedding to call your own? The pinnacle of a geeky themed reception has to be the cake. Get inspired by these towering wedding cakes with nerdy twists. The best part? Though they're all different, they send one message: geeky and proud.
Here's a question every geeky gal wants answered: "Where can I meet a single geek?" For all the single ladies out there, here are 10 possible places to uncover scores of single geeks.
- Neighborhood coffee shops — Bring a book or your laptop and hang out at an independent coffee shop several times a week. You're more likely to see regulars (aka good-looking geeks) at local joints than you would at a chain. For an easy opener, ask if you can share the table, then spark up a conversation.
- Night classes — Whether it's a dance lesson, coding class, or novel-writing seminar, classes are a great place to meet a future brainy mate. Pounce on the opportunity to partner up with the cute geek in the room, whether it's to complete a project, study, or edit each other's work.
See the rest of the list when you read more.
Girls with a lot of tech toys deserve a stylish bag to stow them in. With its "tech toy" clutches and cases, Be&D comes to the rescue of your iPad, iPhone, and other gadgets. The cases are made from mixed materials like embossed leather, lambskin, canvas, and cotton, and the statement pieces come in punchy colors like lime green and tangerine and flashy gold-stud details. Click through to take a look at the Spring and Summer collection.
Prove your strength by singing and running your way to victory. The person with the fastest 2 mile run by 5/10/2012 wins. Think you’ve got what it takes? Strap on your Frees and sing while you run your way through Nike’s Free Run Karaoke Challenge. Join the Challenge at http://gonike.me/karaoke and log your miles from now through May 10th using Nike+. Nike even created a mix to get you up and running. Download it here: http://gonike.me/karaokemix.
Don’t forget, the runner with the fastest 2 mile run using Nike + wins. Run Stronger. #MakeItCount
- Skype users beware! New exploit reveals IP addresses — Geekosystem
- 5 movie apocalypses that would defeat themselves in the real world — Cracked
- Upcycled portraits made from floppy disks — FWD
- New iPhone 5 feature: Siri self-destructs phone if stolen? — Dvice
- Spam email declines, but spam texts hit an all-new high — Newser
- Will Hulu require a paid TV subscription? — SlashFilm
This image of a tropical sunset was submitted to our Cool Capture community group on Instagram by arlyn__.
Have you been testing out your photography skills and have a snapshot you want to share? Submit your pics to our Cool Capture group or to Instagram by tagging them with #CoolCapture. Your pics might be featured on the GeekSugar homepage!
Source: Instagram User arlyn__
Before we start our Summer vacations, we'll be spending a few more days inside: perfecting our digital painting technique with a new iPad accessory, catching up on the latest season of a new geek classic, and basking in the glory of the coolest gaming console this side of Tatooine. See what the GeekSugar team must have this May in the slideshow!
- Summer decorating inspiration from Anthropologie's May catalog
- Tech etiquette rules for weddings
- Recipes for a rainy day
- Unprofessional, but avoidable email sins
- Jennifer Garner steps out with baby Samuel
- CelebStyle: Colorblocking combos you need to try now
- 22 ways TV shows bared or hid pregnant bellies
- Avengers-inspired eye makeup you have to see
- 10 films that teach us about online dating
- The best looks from Australian Fashion Week so far
- Get a sneak peek at the season finale of New Girl
- How eating cottage cheese can help you lose weight
- Video: Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon celebrate their anniversary
Want to shop the best deals online and in your city? Then you'll love the new PopSugar Shop. We're bringing you insider access to today's hottest must haves, can't-miss sales, and coolest finds, all curated by our editors. To get in on the action, sign up for PopSugar Shop, a daily email bringing you the best national discounts — hand selected just for you. We'll be sorting through hundreds of offers on shopping, fitness, travel, home, beauty, and more to deliver only the ones you'll absolutely love. And, if you live in San Francisco, Chicago, New York, or Los Angeles, we'll have our favorite local offer picks too. Sign up today to shop, explore, and be inspired. Plus, you'll just happen to save a little money doing it.
Spring is the perfect time to toss out the old from your home office (responsibly!) and usher in a new era of organized and green living. If you don't have a home office, these tips can also be used in the workplace to ensure you're setting a good example for your co-workers and taking the right steps to a more eco-friendly lifestyle. Let's face it: you probably spend more time at work than you do anywhere else (only your bed may see more action), so why not make it a little easier on mother earth while you're there?
Source: Flickr user Fernanda Mancini