It seems like everyone is gearing up for the release of Marvel's The Avengers on Friday — even the fashion world. To kick off Australian Fashion Week on Monday, Australian label Romance Was Born partnered up with Marvel Comics to create a Spring/Summer 2013 collection based on The Avengers. The 25 looks were inspired by the graphics of comic-book artist Jack Kirby and evoke comic sentiment through zigzags, halftone patterns, dazzling colors, and shoutouts to superhero costumes, like arm cuffs, leotards, and tight bodysuits. Click through to be amazed by the marvelous looks.
- A girl can dream: Liquidmetal iPhone with disappearing buttons — Dvice
- Mark your calendars: Facebook IPO set for May 18 — Newser
- The 6 least necessary viral video sequels ever — Cracked
- Give your iPhone gecko-like superpowers — Geekosystem
- Longing for a return to Altavista? Search like it's 1999 — FWD
- 6 tech tools to Spring clean your life and save you money — SavvySugar
Winking, blowing a kiss, or wearing a boa — anything goes in photo booths, which is what makes them so addictive. While it's nice to have shiny, posed, professional photos from your wedding, more and more couples are also including photo booths at receptions to capture silly moments with friends and family. Before you start planning your wedding's photo booth, take a look at our 10 tips for a flawless photo booth.
- Rent a photo booth: The easiest way to add a photo booth at your wedding is to rent one. Companies like CapturePod offer packages that include all the equipment you need. You can sprinkle in customized decorations and extra costume options for the personal touch.
- Make a DIY photo booth: Homemade photo booths require a little more effort, but you have more control over the details. Check off the essentials first, like the location, camera, printer, and photo paper, before planning the decorations and costumes.
- Choose a camera: As a more makeshift yet versatile option, connect a portable photo printer to a DSLR camera, a laptop, or a web cam and let guests do their thing. For a retro touch, track down a Polaroid camera.
- Research mobile options: Photo booth apps exist! PopBooth (free) works with an iPhone or iPad, has several filter options, and instantly shares the images on Facebook. Hard copies of the photos can be sent as postcards in the mail for an additional $2.
- Check out photo booth software: There are plenty of photo booth software options, such as Sparkbooth ($59), which make it easy to set up a DIY photo booth, customize the templates, and turn on automatic picture taking and printing.
This image of the NYC skyline in a pool of water was shared with our cool capture community on Instagram by rdamon.
Have you been testing out your photography skills and have a snapshot you want to share? Submit your pics to our Cool Capture group or to Instagram by tagging them with #CoolCapture. Your pics might be featured on the GeekSugar homepage!
Even superheroes would be nowhere without their gadgets. As we gear up for the highly anticipated release of The Avengers on Friday (catch up on everything you need to know here), we're getting super(hero) excited about the futuristic, high-tech gadgets on display in this Marvel Comics extravaganza. If this movie is to be trusted, the future of technology is all about ultrathin touchscreens and holographs. Take a look at seven mind-blowing gadgets and high-tech toys from The Avengers that we wish we could get our hands on in real life.
Photos courtesy of Walt Disney Studios
Nothing can take a workout from zero to 60 quite like the best (and cutest) exercise gear, starting with your feet. Lucky for us workout wild ones, New Balance knows how to keep your exercise fresh. How? With the new Superlight Superfresh walking shoes. Revolutionary REVlite for lightweight cushioning is as supportive as it is sassy, offering your tootsies full ground contact and supporting your great walker's gait. Ruching on each side of the shoe serves both fashion AND function, giving you a customized snug fit and happy fresh feet. Check out the fresh Superlight Superfresh shoes here!
It's a new month, which means a brand-new crop of our favorites in fashion, home, entertainment, and more! We've rounded up all of our must haves from across the Sugar Network in one place — click through to check them all out now.
Here's a question every geeky gal wants answered: "Where can I meet a single geek?" For all the single ladies out there, here are 10 possible places to uncover scores of single geeks.
- Neighborhood coffee shops — Bring a book or your laptop and hang out at an independent coffee shop several times a week. You're more likely to see regulars (aka good-looking geeks) at local joints than you would at a chain. For an easy opener, ask if you can share the table, then spark up a conversation.
- Night classes — Whether it's a dance lesson, coding class, or novel-writing seminar, classes are a great place to meet a future brainy mate. Pounce on the opportunity to partner up with the cute geek in the room, whether it's to complete a project, study, or edit each other's work.
See the rest of the list when you read more.
Girls with a lot of tech toys deserve a stylish bag to stow them in. With its "tech toy" clutches and cases, Be&D comes to the rescue of your iPad, iPhone, and other gadgets. The cases are made from mixed materials like embossed leather, lambskin, canvas, and cotton, and the statement pieces come in punchy colors like lime green and tangerine and flashy gold-stud details. Click through to take a look at the Spring and Summer collection.