Find us on a coffee break and we're surely catching up on friends' Instagram lives, but the pictures that captivate us most have a decidedly more ethereal take on the world than the standard Valencia-filtered shot. For all things celestial of this planet and the universe at large, follow NASA on Instagram (@NASAGoddard) immediately. The space agency's feed mixes behind-the-scenes looks at scientists hard at work with new and historical pictures of all things space exploration. From black hole crimes to an office visit from a Star Trek legend, check out the 13 photographic reasons you should follow NASA's Instagram immediately.
- Happy birthday, Prince William!
- Cool off with the best bottled iced teas
- Get a perfect nail art manicure at home
- Trend alert: moms-to-be are white hot for Summer
- 10 pieces of jewelry you'll need in life
- Sabrina Soto shares tips for creating flow between your indoor and outdoor spaces
- See Keira Knightley in the Anna Karenina trailer
- Learn how to make $50 in one day
- Don't let barefoot running shoes intimidate you — 5 pairs to try out!
- Flyin' high: helpful tips for air travel with your pets
- Playful superhero prints for creative comic fans
- CelebStyle: get the look of braided Summer sandals à la Cameron Diaz
- Julianne Hough commits to a new hair color for Nicholas Sparks
- Andrew Garfield on why Spider-Man makes him cry
Now that Comic-Con is officially less than one month away — July 12 to 15 — all things comic book, cosplay, and superheroes are on our mind. While the convention is a mix of Hollywood blockbusters, panels with creators of cult sci-fi classics, and the opportunity to mingle with graphic-novel artists, it's also the chance to show off superpower-inspired costumes.
While devoted fans from all over the world prep for the big weekend in San Diego, CA, we want to know one thing: who's your favorite superhero of all time?
We've all got someone (or two or three . . .) on our gift list who rocks to their own special beat. So this holiday season, treat them to something spectacular that's easy on the eyes, music to their ears, and perfectly in tune with their personal sense of style.
Not only do Beats Solo HD headphones deliver the superior sound Beats by Dr. Dre products are famous for, but they also look as good as they sound — drenched in colors that are red like a heart, teal like Miami, white like snow, and lots more.
With Comic-Con less than a month away, we're obsessed with all things superhero right now, and geeking out with some seriously creative Etsy prints. Whether you're a yogi who loves comic books or an Iron Man enthusiast, we've found a playful print to suit your superhero obsession. From fan art to eye charts, here are eight great picks to bring your superpower passion into your home.
For geeks who love fashion, there's something to be said for quirky, nerdy-chic accessories. From cool tablet cases to sleek laptop bags, we're all about stylish items that show a bit of personality. Enter the Lego brick clutch ($120) by agabag on Etsy: a foldover purse made entirely of classic Lego bricks.Measuring about 20 by 10 centimeters, the clutch is made with shiny, brand-new bricks. Lined with dark gray satin, it also has a small, business card-sized pocket inside. The best part? It can be made to order. The clutch can feature different colors, a contrasting flap, stripes, a checkered design — all kinds of patterns and combinations. Our inner 8-year-olds are giddy over the possibilities.
These rows of beautiful flowers on a sunny day are picture perfect! Thank goodness it was submitted with our #CoolCapture hashtag on Instagram by user dadouchic.
Have you been testing out your photography skills and snapped a shot you want to share? Submit your pics to our Cool Capture group or to Instagram with the #CoolCapture hashtag, and your pic might be featured on the GeekSugar homepage!
- Bob Harper shares his top 3 moves for weight loss
- Take a look back at Johnny Depp's hottest loves
- 10 tantalizing corn recipes to experiment with
- What's hot now: floral garland headbands are in bloom
- Tori Spelling shares photos of Stella's birthday tea party
- Celebstyle: take a cue from Kate Moss's crisp, white Summer vest
- Seeing spots: dotty finds for Summer decorating
- Watch the latest Breaking Dawn Part 2 teaser trailer
- Grocery items with the longest shelf life
- Play your favorite Summer jams on an old-school (iPhone) boombox
- Denim refresh: how to add polish to your Summer cutoffs
- Mary-Kate lunches with her new man, Olivier, and does dinner with Ashley
- Hear what Emma Stone has to say about working with her man, Andrew Garfield
The included multitouch keyboard of Microsoft's new tablet, Surface is getting some techie love after time spent frustrated working with touchscreen keys. Want to give your iPad the Surface treatment with an external keyboard of its own? If you find yourself wishing your iPad was more like a laptop or the laptop was a little more tablet, you'll want this MacBook-lookalike keyboard case ($75). Should you want the best of both computing worlds, we have seven more case and keyboard combinations in the slideshow. don't worry, no small, hard-to-use silicone keyboards around here — these keyboards are as close to the real thing as you can get!