- Geek heartthrobs that made the '90s great
- Rachel Zoe debuts her first jewelry line
- How is the Olympic gymnastics team final scored?
- Watch a teaser for Homeland's second season
- The royal family joins in on the Olympic fun
- Step off the plane looking fresh
- Ice molds that will have you making better cocktails at home
- Take a tour of an art collector's modern masterpiece
- Get Rihanna's gold geometric Miu Miu sunglasses
- July's hottest celebrity Instagram and Twitter photos
- 10 fun books for introducing shapes
- How to slash your expensive cell phone bill
- Video: What shows to check out on CBS this Fall
Heartthrobs come in all forms — "geeky" included — and whether they had a sci-fi obsession or a dorky profession, these '90s characters managed to make geek look good. From Keanu Reeves as Neo to Topher Grace in That '70s Show, we fell for these nerd-friendly characters, and we fell hard. Take a look at our geek-approved heartthrobs of yesteryear, and tell us who you were crushing on back in the day.
- Will Microsoft's new web-based email client replace Gmail? — ReadWriteWeb
- In news we always suspected: claw machines are rigged — Geekosystem
- Olympic swimmer blames second-place finish on Facebook and Twitter — Tecca
- Why freedom of speech doesn't exist on Twitter — FWD
- Villains who messed up their own evil plots — Cracked
- Watch Tom Hardy's Star Trek: Nemesis screen test — SlashFilm
This week, Facebook unveiled a brand-new, mosaic-inspired look to profiles' Photos section. Now, when you click on the Photos tab at the top of your timeline, you'll see a clean, simple interface that features photos of varying sizes. The menu divides photos into three categories: pictures you've been tagged in, pictures you've shared, and albums you've created.Love a certain picture? In the same way that you can call out specific stories on your Timeline, you can now click on the star button beside a photo to highlight favorite snaps, making that image a larger tile in the mosaic. If you haven't switched to the Timeline view yet, note that Facebook plans to complete the Timeline shift this Fall.
We're curious: what do you think of the new Photos look?
It's Summer, so what better way to kick off our POPSUGAR Must Have subscription than with the perfect beach bag! This month we focused on the season's essential beauty items, like nail polish to show off in your favorite sandals, exfoliator to keep your skin looking and feeling fresh, and lip color for a night out on the town. This is just the beginning of so much yet to come — we'll be sharing our picks in home, fashion, fitness, food, and everything else we love. August is all about entertaining. Here's why we picked out what went inside our inaugural July POPSUGAR Must Have bag! We hope you love it as much as we do.
Listen up, smartphone snappers: you can now turn a profit with your iPhone pictures. The free Foap app pays you for photos; all you need to do is upload a picture to the Foap Market, and it'll be available for companies to buy. Foap only accepts certain photos, so no filters or frames are allowed — unless it's simply to fix the contrast or colors — and pictures are rejected if they're blurry, overexposed, or too dark.Just how much are your iPhone snaps worth? Each picture costs the buyer $10, every time it's sold: $5 for you and $5 for Foap. The app processes all payments using PayPal, and you can cash out at any time. Find more information on the Foap website, and then tell us: will you be putting your smartphone pictures up for sale?
We can't think of anything sweeter than a couple who have been together decades and are still very much in love, and by the looks of it user jdison, who submitted this photo with our #CoolCapture hashtag on Instagram, is on the same page.
Have you been testing out your photography skills and snapped a shot you want to share? Submit your pics to our Cool Capture group or to Instagram with the #CoolCapture hashtag, and your pic might be featured on the GeekSugar homepage!
Renuzit®’s new Tempting Indulgences™ air fresheners are a guilt-free way to surround yourself with scrumptious-smelling scents. The collection features Chocolate Covered Cherries, Crème Brulee, and Red Velvet Cake. Because who wouldn’t want their home to smell warm and inviting with decadent scents of freshly made sweet treats.
This giveaway has been extended through Friday, 8/6!