- You think you had a bad Monday, Grumpy Cat won Employee of the Month; how awful — BuzzFeed
- Facebook chain letters that will clearly keep you very safe — Cracked
- Squirrel teaches robots to lie . . . we are doomed — Geekosystem
- Next up for tablets: eye-control technology — Newser
- No account, no problem with Facebook's new Messenger service — All Things D
- "Gangnam Style" has earned Psy a lot of Benjamins — ReadWrite
- Pinball machine creates beautiful, chaotic art — Dvice
- Gotham needs its Batcat — MTV Geek
For those who love technology as much as the treadmill, there is no shortage of fitness gadgets available this holiday season. From heart rate monitors to iPhone accessories, the latest technology is shaping up and taking to the gym, one app at a time. Suitable for the holidays and, yes, that New Year's resolution, we found 12 gadgets that will help any techie break a sweat with maximum precision and maybe a social network or two. Click to find the perfect gift in your price range —endorphins not included.
There’s nothing like the warm, fuzzy feeling you get when passing out gifts to the ones you love. Except maybe the incredible, thrilling rush that comes from scoring those gifts during the most invigorating shopping season of all!
This year, our friends at T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods are giving you more reasons than ever to celebrate your holiday shopping victories — by creating a series of fun and inspiring gifting “missions” that you can tackle weekly for a new chance to win!
Readers as well as our favorite lifestyle bloggers will be invited to participate in five missions across T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods stores, then simply share their experience via Twitter using the hashtag #TheGifter. Each week, one winner will be chosen to receive a $500 gift card! You can also visit #TheGifter holiday gifting hub to explore an ever-evolving gallery of amazing gifts at amazing values — check back often for fresh inspiration and fun ideas.
Make this holiday shopping season your most triumphant yet! The missions are already under way, so start making your gifting list, and click here for more details.
What a view of Manhattan! This picturesque morning was captured by Instagram user mr_zu718 using our #CoolCapture hashtag.
Have you been testing out your photography skills and snapped a shot you want to share? Submit your pics to our Cool Capture group or to Instagram with the #CoolCapture hashtag, and your pic might be featured on the GeekSugar homepage!
A little bit of vintage appeal and some sweet sassy geek is how we think of the clothes and accessories available from online shop ModCloth. The site even held a weeklong celebration of all things geek that included Daleks, grammar nerds, and killer gadgets. Which is precisely why we asked ModCloth founder Susan Gregg Koger to share her picks for chic geek finds from the shop. From Star Wars kitchen tools to shocking power sources, check out what Susan is gifting friends this year.
- Geek is hoping for Hobbit-related gadgets under the tree
- Lil's loving kid-friendly kitchen finds
- Buzz is excited for Les Misérables and the season finale of Gossip Girl
- Très is reading wedding books and an Olympian's memoir
- Fab is shopping for stunning statement pieces for the holidays
- Fit's feeling cold-weather workout gear
- Bella's wrapping up the year with makeup palettes and spa-inspired candles
- Casa is craving holiday decor and cocktail-party essentials
- Yum's serving up peppermint treats and a hot new cookbook
- Savvy's suggesting ways to plan your expenses for the new year
Love our list of must-have items? Be sure to sign up for the POPSUGAR Must Have box, delivered right to your door! Each month, subscribers will get a box full of fun, must-have products curated from our fashion, beauty, home, and fitness editors. Click here to learn more and to sign up for your Must Have box!
Happy December, geeks! Have you noticed a theme around here recently? Ah, yes, the holidays are upon us, and the Geek team is invested in finding you the best tech and pop culture finds for everyone on your shopping list. For this month's Must Haves, though, we're sharing with you what we hope ends up under our Christmas trees this year.
From The Hobbit mania to cozy gaming housewares — Santa, are you listening?
On Dec. 3, 1992, Matti Makkonen sent "Merry Christmas" from a computer to a cellphone for the first time ever. We've been typing away since, sending over eight trillion short mobile messages a year.
With that many texts floating around in the ether, there's bound to be some ROFLs, fails, and BFFs named Jill. We've rounded up some of the silliest memes born from the now-ubiquitous SMS, in honor of its 20th birthday.
Peek over the shoulder at the smartphone of any commuter or an office worker's computer screen during a break, and undoubtedly you'll see a social network open. According to Nielsen's 2012 Social Media Report, all those quick looks at Facebook or a scroll through Twitter news added up to Americans spending 121 billion minutes on social networking in one month. While Facebook remains the top social site, those minutes are also being filled with services like Blogger, Pinterest, and Google+.
Make efficient sense of your time online with our must-follow tips for social networks.