Whether you're single or coupled up, love is in the air in February. We wanted you to be able to spoil yourself with a luxurious after-bath wrap, pucker up with a new lip color, and update your undergarments. Get wrapped up in a romantic love story before seeing it on the big screen while indulging in classic Valentine's Day treats: chocolate and conversation hearts. We hope you enjoyed these special valentines from us to you, and if you haven't already, sign up for POPSUGAR Must Have now to join in the fun!
- Insane theories about why we haven't found alien life — Cracked
- Sergey Brin and Mark Zuckerberg want to give you $33 million — ReadWrite
- The beautiful storm on the surface of the Sun — FWD
- Next up for the postal service, a fashion line — Newser
- How to win at Pac-Man, how to win at life — Mental Floss
- Tour a Star Wars museum — PopCandy
- An amazingly detailed Lego set of Ghostbusters HQ — /Film
Sony held its much-buzzed-about PlayStation 2013 conference yesterday, and as expected, the company revealed its next-generation gaming console, PlayStation 4. Internally, the system boasts 8GB RAM, X86 CPU, local-storage hard drive, and GDDR5 memory for superfast graphics.
Also on display is the new controller, the Dual Shock 4, which has touchpad input and a share button to show friends screenshots of a current game. The controller works with a camera for motion-controlled gaming. While we didn't get a look at the console itself during the conference, it is expected to be available for the 2013 holiday season.
Instagram user lalyastig, who submitted today's picture with the #CoolCapture hashtag, says, "Lanterns can symbolize the people letting go of their past selves and getting a new one, which they will let go of the next year."
Have you been testing out your photography skills and snapped a shot you want to share? Submit your pics to our Cool Capture group or to Instagram with the #CoolCapture hashtag, and your pic might be featured on the POPSUGAR Tech homepage. And don't forget to follow us on Instagram!
At today's PlayStation conference, we met the PlayStation 4 — and the new games that will appear on the socially focused gaming console too.
Sony is putting an emphasis on collaborative play, with a new share function and social network for PlayStation gamers. The video games demoed at the event certainly reiterated that point.
Evolution Studios, Sucker Punch, and Halo-makers Bungie were just some of the game creators who showed off impressive graphics and amazing high-definition rendering. Preview screenshots and watch the trailers of some of the new game-play offerings for the PlayStation 4, and stay tuned for more updates.
Is today the day Sony introduces us to its next big thing, the PlayStation 4? Yes, probably, most likely, says the gaming industry. Whatever the announcement ends up being during today's PlayStation 2013 press conference (with an expected attendance of over 1,200 people), you can watch it all live here. The event kicks off at 6 p.m. EST/3 p.m. PST.
We'll have more updates on the PlayStation news as it happens!
The micromessages on Twitter will have to get even more succinct. As of today, Feb. 20, Twitter is allowing two fewer characters when sharing a link, as displayed below.
When a full URL address is pasted into the tweet composer, Twitter's built-in link shortener shrinks the web address and adds an ellipsis (...) at the end. These abbreviated links are getting longer: HTTP addresses are going from 20 to 22 characters and HTTPS (secured sites) are moving from 21 to 23 characters, leaving you with 118 or 117 letters and punctuation, respectively.
Tweets without links are sticking to the 140 character limit, so don't panic just yet! But if you are sharing a website or picture on the Twitterz, there are great URL shortening alternatives you can use.
- Google URL Shortener shortens your links with a "goo.gl" abbreviation, and you can track when you created the link and how many clicks it's received since.
- Tiny URL makes long URLs, well, tiny, and you can create a custom alias, too. Use the TinyURL browser toolbar for quick access.
- Is.gd is an "ethical" ad-free, carbon-neutral URL shortener that will compress that address.
- App.X.Co is a service provided by hosting site Go Daddy and offers link customization, statistics, and sharing for free.
- Developers take heed of these 21 web browser features we desperately need — Cracked
- Meet the most addictive Facebook apps on the planet — ReadWrite
- How Apple employees got hacked — Newser
- Daleks invade London! — BuzzFeed
- The world's first 3D printing pen is all kinds of awesome — HuffPost Tech
- Mark Hamill says he's "likely" to appear in Star Wars — SlashFilm
- Let's get deep: what is the universe? — Mental Floss
- The next generation in computer mice is finally here — Brit + Co.
It's an exciting day at POPSUGAR! We've been rolling out lots of changes, starting with bringing all of our content and shopping together under one home: the new POPSUGAR. To top it all off, we're launching our new daily POPSUGAR LIVE show today. Every day, our expert hosts and reporters will be delivering the latest headlines, the hottest trends, and the best tips in entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, food, and more every day at 4 p.m. ET/ 1 p.m. PT and again updated at 6 p.m. ET/ 3 p.m. PT.
Join us right here at POPSUGAR for the action!