Let's face it, parties are awesome, but party planning can be more than a little stressful. Luckily, these apps will help you streamline your to-do lists and manage all aspects of the event, just in time for the kickoff of Summer. Whether you need a customized menu, drink recipes, or easy party games, we've found apps that are sure to simplify the planning process. Download these seven apps to make your next event the season's best.
Spending some time in the Summer sun is a blast — until you start to burn. In honor of Don't Fry Day, the sun protection awareness day that takes place each Friday before Memorial Day, we've found a few apps to help keep your skin out of burn-and-peel territory. From local UV index forecasts to personalized product suggestions, these apps are sure to turn your beach days into smooth sailing. Hoping to avoid a postvacation sunburn nightmare? Download these apps to make smart sun protection a breeze.
Rumor has it that a new operating system may be on its way for iDevices. The tech media circuit is dubbing the upgrade iOS 7 — not iOS 6.2 — which means the changes to Apple's mobile platform might be major.
And thank goodness for that. The infrastructure of iOS has, for the most part, gone unchanged since the platform was launched over five years ago.
Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference is just two and a half weeks away, and we're expecting some big announcements from the keynote. But before Tim Cook takes the stage to announce what's next in iOS and OS X, here's what we think we know about the latest iOS update for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch still under wraps.
- Jony Ive is leading the charge — In October 2012, Apple announced that Scott Forstall, the senior VP of iOS software, was out and the company's legendary design head Jony Ive, the man behind the industrial design of the iMac, iPod, and MacBook Air, was in as the lead of human interface across the entire company. The shake-up at the top was intended to increase collaboration between teams, which would put Jony at the forefront of the iOS 7 change.
- "Black, white, and flat all over" — Sources have told 9to5Mac that iOS 7 will take on a flatter design like the concept image above, which would do away with the linen-textured backgrounds. Black and white elements may also be incorporated into the new user interface.
Read the rest of the iOS 7 rumors after the break.
Father's Day is just around the corner, and you're in luck, because we have the perfect gift — our POPSUGAR Must Have Special Edition Summer For Him box! We've already revealed one of the exciting items inside — these cool wooden Proof sunglasses — and there's lots more to help your dad, grad, or any guy in your life tackle Summer looking sharp, drinking well, and getting into BBQ mode. Sign up by May 28, and we'll make sure to get the box there in time for Father's Day!
Find out more and sign up for our POPSUGAR Must Have Special Edition Summer For Him box!
Pinterest, everyone's favorite online pinboard, is home to some of the most exquisite visual treats on the web — and the photo-sharing site recently introduced a new feature, rich pins, that'll offer pinners much more than just a pretty picture.
Certain types of pins from selected sites will now show more information. Clicking on a recipe pin will show you the thumbnail, ingredients, cook time, and serving size. A movie pin will show the film's director, actors, Rotten Tomatoes score, release year, and rating. Products, like clothes and accessories, show the most recent price, shop, and whether or not that model is in stock. If you're a blogger or content creator, you can add meta tags to your website so that images pinned from your site will include more details.
Rich pins are just one of the site's many new additions in recent months. Pinterest redesigned their stream and pin pages not too long ago.
Get up close with Pinterest's new rich pins after the break.
Hey, Instagram user gabrielbricci, we see you rollin'. Love the top down perspective and subtle filter work in this longboard shot, which was submitted using the #CoolCapture hashtag.
Have you been testing out your photography skills and snapped a shot you want to share? Submit your pics to our Cool Capture group or to Instagram with the #coolcapture hashtag, and your pic might be featured on the POPSUGAR Tech homepage. And don't forget to follow @popsugartech on Instagram!
Huzzah! The long weekend is almost upon us. There are lots of fun times ahead, but if you're stuck in transit for a while, make sure your device is equipped with some mobile time wasters to keep you entertained for hours on end.
From hilarious multiplayer action to single player puzzle brain busters, download these nine super addictive mobile games for iOS and Android to survive your road trip.
- Satisfy bellies in a healthy way this Memorial Day — Fitness
- A sneak peek at Jimmy Fallon's Game of Thrones spoof — Entertainment
- Wear a little white dress like a celebrity — Fashion
- The Cannes Film Festival — in GIFS! — Celebrity
- Wise words for graduation from famous geeks — Tech
- How to break these 5 financial habits — Smart Living
- Crack those extra hard-boiled eggs with delicious ideas — Food
- Channel Drew Barrymore's newlywed pad — Home
- Video: See Jennifer Aniston strip down and pole dance! — Celebrity
- How to get a luxurious facial at home — Beauty
- Why you need to feed your family organic — Moms
- Take a look at these très chic French romances — Sex & Culture
- Check out adorable pet Instagram snaps — Pets
Happy graduation, class of 2013! Here's a little inspirational oomph to guide you on your next journey. Click through to watch famous commencement speeches given by influential science, tech, and geek pop culture leaders, including Steve Jobs, Marissa Mayer, and the Neils (Gaiman and deGrasse Tyson).